The scholarship review committee bases their evaluation on the applicant’s personal story as conveyed by the letter of recommendation and application essays: challenges that have been overcome, future aspirations, the importance of the chosen field of study, and how the scholarship will help achieve academic, career, and personal goals.
Recommendation letters must be uploaded to SurveyMonkey Apply through the application portal. Please check your email for an invitation with “Letter of Recommendation Request” in the subject line.
The most effective letters of recommendation will:
- Be specific to the OAR scholarship program
- Speak to the student’s autism and how the student has handled any challenges associated with their diagnosis
- Discuss the student’s character and/or commitment to their future plans
- Share any relevant examples or stories illustrating the student’s strengths
- Be no longer than 2 pages (letters longer than 2 pages will be cut off)
Letters of recommendation must be submitted by the recommender through the SurveyMonkey Apply platform by April 22, 2024 at 11:59pm ET. Recommendations cannot be accepted past the deadline.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 571-977-5393.