Title: Hire Autism Associate
Location: Arlington, VA
This is a hybrid position located in Arlington, VA.
Are you looking for a job where you can learn, grow, and make a difference? The Organization for Autism Research (OAR) is seeking a passionate individual to immediately fill our Hire Autism Associate position. Hire Autism is a national program intended to help autistic individuals find meaningful work and businesses create more welcoming, inclusive workplaces.
Hire Autism is built around a jobs portal, https://www.hireautism.org/ and a growing base of key volunteers/mentors from across the U.S. called Hire Autism Navigators. Navigators provide one-on-one support to our job seekers, helping them refine their resume, cover letter, and interview skills.
The Hire Autism Associate will be the right-hand person to the Manager, Hire Autism, assisting in the management and execution of the Hire Autism program nationally. The ideal candidate is an outgoing, detail-oriented person with strong organizational, communication, and computer skills. Additionally, this person must be able to balance multiple priorities and work effectively in a fast-paced environment with limited supervision.
The Hire Autism Associate’s specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Volunteer Program (Hire Autism Navigator Program)
- Recruit, train, and manage Navigators; lead quarterly virtual training sessions
- Match autistic job seekers with Navigators and support both as needed
- Monitor and survey job seekers’ about their progress, successes and challenges
- Serve as a central point of contact for Navigators and job seekers receiving help through Navigator program
- Update and help develop content for volunteer training
- Outreach and Marketing
- Help develop and implement a strategic communications plan to broaden awareness of the program nationally.
- Assist with drafting and compiling content for monthly newsletter articles, email campaigns, press releases, success stories/testimonials, and videos
- Assist with social media and ad content creation, posting, and monitoring
- Represent OAR/Hire Autism at events and present to external groups (parents, schools, etc.)
- Resource Development
- Cultivate ideas for resources for autistic job seekers, parents, employers, volunteers
- Assist in developing content for each audience especially with appropriate visuals for autistic job seekers
- Identify prospective resource contributors
- Compile employment-related resources and information
- 2-4 years prior work experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Strong in-person and virtual presentation skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a small, dynamic team
- Demonstrated leadership and project management success
- Familiarity with Google Suite, Canva, WordPress, Hootsuite, Mailchimp, Calendly, Social Media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn), Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software, and video editing software
- Relevant personal or professional experience with autism
- Previous experience managing volunteers
Salary: $40,000 – $46,000
- 12 annual vacation days
- 12 annual sick days
- Federal Holidays
- Hybrid work schedule (three days in office/two days remote)
- Health, dental, and vision plans
- Paid parking or equal metro fare offset
- 401k with matching after 6 months
How to Apply: Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to Courtney Carroll, Hire Autism Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Hire Autism Associate – (Your Name).