Hire Autism: The Sandy Lankler Jobs Portal lists local employment opportunities and offers workplace resources for individuals on the spectrum. Hire Autism aims to provide job-seekers with meaningful employment opportunities commensurate with their skills.
- Hire Autism is primarily created for job-seekers who are 16 and older looking for their first job. The website is designed to be an autism friendly space that helps users find meaningful employment, internship, or volunteer opportunities that match their skills and abilities. Users will be able to access:
- A jobs board
- A search feature tailored to individual needs like job type and location
- The ability to create a unique profile that doubles as a Hire Autism resume
- Ability to upload an existing resume, list of references, and cover letter when applying for a job
- A resource center that includes tips on social interaction
at work and advice for successful long-term employment
- Adjustable privacy settings
By using Hire Autism, job-seekers will not have to worry about when to disclose information about having autism or explain to employers about what autism is. Employers using Hire Autism are specifically looking for individuals with autism because of their unique talents and qualities.
Through Hire Autism, employers will be able to learn more about autism before hiring an employee, and find tips and tools to help accommodate their employees with autism. The first stage of Hire Autism is focused on businesses in the Northern Virginia/Tyson’s Corner area. Hire Autism gives employers the ability to:
- Access and pre-screen applicant profiles
- Receive application materials (ie. resume, references) from individuals interested in the job
- Receive email notifications when people apply for your position(s)
- Access resources and tips to help employers better accommodate their employees with autism
OAR welcomes any volunteers who can contribute expertise, suggestions, comments, or concerns about Hire Autism. Please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-243-3466. If you are interested in listing a job on Hire Autism, contact .