Hire Autism lists employment opportunities and offers workplace resources for autistic individuals. Hire Autism aims to provide job-seekers with meaningful employment opportunities commensurate with their skills.
- The website is designed to be an autism-friendly space that helps users find meaningful employment, internship, or volunteer opportunities that match their skills and abilities. Users will be able to access:
- A jobs board
- A search feature tailored to individual needs like job type and location
- The ability to create a unique profile that doubles as a Hire Autism resume
- Ability to upload an existing resume, list of references, and cover letter when applying for a job
- A resource center that includes tips on social interaction
at work and advice for successful long-term employment
- Adjustable privacy settings
By using Hire Autism, job seekers will not have to worry about when to disclose information about having autism or explain to employers what autism is. Employers using Hire Autism are specifically looking for autistic individuals because of their unique talents and qualities.
Through Hire Autism, employers will be able to learn more about autism before hiring an employee and find tips and tools to help accommodate autistic employees. Hire Autism gives employers the ability to:
- Access and pre-screen applicant profiles
- Receive application materials (ie. resume, references) from individuals interested in the job
- Receive email notifications when people apply for your position(s)
- Access resources and tips to help employers better accommodate autistic employees
OAR welcomes any volunteers who can contribute expertise, suggestions, comments, or concerns about Hire Autism. Please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 703-243-3466. If you are interested in listing a job on Hire Autism, contact email@example.com.