If you are an autistic job seeker, an employer, or the parent of a young adult interested in resources to assist with finding and applying for a job, OAR’s Hire Autism employment program has free, comprehensive resources for you, such as:
- A Guide to Job Searching: The guide explains how to navigate online job portals and network.
- A Guide to Job Applications: Learn how to fill out a job application effectively and write favorable responses to commonly asked questions.
- A Guide to Resume Writing: Find out what you should highlight in a resume and how to format the resume.
- A Guide to Cover Letter Writing: Find information about how to create a compelling and professional cover letter.
For additional resources, such as tips for searching for a job during the COVID-19 pandemic or how parents can best assist their teen/young adult newly embarking on a job search, go to the Hire Autism Resource Center. The resource center also includes information that is helpful for employers, such as:
- Autism 101
- The autism-friendly workplace
- Interviewing an applicant with autism
- Training an employee with autism
For more information or to provide feedback on the resources, please contact Amanda Rioux, director, Hire Autism, at arioux @researchautism.org.