OAR’s Hire Autism program saw a record number of job seekers, employers, and volunteers join the program in 2021. These are the highlights:
- 948 job seekers joined Hire Autism.
- New Hire Autism associate, Courtney Carroll, joined the team.
- Hire Autism staff presented at Marshall University’s Neurodiversity Day and OCALICON 2021.
- Hire Autism was featured in Forbes.
Here’s a sneak peek of what’s in store for this year. We will:
- Update the Hire Autism website, with an expected launch in April.
- Continue to look for new businesses to help expand our employer partner network.
- Introduce a new scholarship opportunity for job seekers interested in obtaining technology-related certifications can benefit from a new OAR scholarship.
- Offer new resources for job seekers and employers, including interviewing, employment-related phone apps, free online training, self-advocacy and disclosure in the workplace, autism-friendly job descriptions, and autism-friendly workplaces.
If you’re looking to support Hire Autism this year, here’s what you can do:
- Become a Hire Autism Navigator.
- Refer job seekers or employers.
- Assist with resource development or review.
- Invite us to present at your school or community group.
Interested in learning more or supporting Hire Autism this year, please contact Amanda Rioux at firstname.lastname@example.org.