April is Autism Awareness Month! We are keeping busy this month by spreading the word about existing initiatives and resources while working on new projects too. This month, we are especially focusing on peer acceptance, sibling support, and empowering the community through information. Join us!
We are already on our way to meeting our goals for our annual National Autism Awareness Month Campaign:
- Educate youth about their peers with autism.
- Empower the autism community with information resources.
- Support autism siblings with resources for kids, teens, and parents.
- Support adults in the autism community through OAR’s Hire Autism Initiative.
- Raise money for new research and resources.
We still need your help to make it to the finish line. Here are some suggestions for how you can help during and beyond Autism Awareness Month.