April is Autism Awareness Month! Let’s work together to increase autism awareness and acceptance in our communities. OAR is lending support in the form of information resources to promote peer acceptance, sibling support, safety, and more. Join us!
This year, our goals are to:
- Educate youth about their peers with autism.
- Empower the autism community with information resources.
- Support autism siblings with resources for kids, teens, and parents.
- Support adults in the autism community through OAR’s Hire Autism Initiative.
- Raise money for new research and resources.
None of this is possible without people like you leading the way. Here are some suggestions on how you can get involved before, during, and after Autism Awareness Month!