Guidebooks for Families
The Organization for Autism Research knows how important having information is for autism families. We publish and provide comprehensive guidebooks, manuals, and booklets for families that are written by experts in the field and backed by research. Topics include responding to an autism diagnosis and addressing safety concerns at home to navigating the special education system and creating positive and welcoming learning environments in schools.
All of our resources below are designed to support families. Click from the list below to be directed to a specific resource or scroll down for an overview of each family resource.
- A Guide to Safety
- A Parent’s Guide to Research
- A Guide for Transition to Adulthood
- A Parent’s Guide to Assessment
- A Guide for Military Families
- Navigating the Special Education System
- Autism, My Sibling and Me
- Life as an Autism Sibling: A Guide for Teens
- Brothers, Sisters, and Autism: A Parent’s Guide to Supporting Siblings