Sex Ed. Guide for Self-Advocates would have not been possible without the many voices that contributed and provided feedback throughout the project.
OAR offers special thanks to the content experts who contributed their writing to this resource, including Jessica Penwell Barnett, Ph.D. (Sexual Activity section), Laura Graham Holmes, Ph.D. (Online Relationships and Safety section), Katherine McLaughlin, M.Ed. CSE (Puberty section), Robin Moyher, Ph.D. (Healthy Relationships and Consent sections), John Strang, Ph.D. (Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity section), and Jiaqi Zhou and Joanne Davila, Ph.D. (Dating section).
Further thanks goes to Peter Gerhardt, Ed.D., and Amy Gravino, M.A., for their consultation on the resource and work in creating the videos appearing throughout the site. We also thank Brittney Brundage for her original illustrations for the resource, Amy Gahran for the use of the relationship escalator, and Chrissy M. Etienne for use of language in the crushes section.
OAR also thanks Cristina James, Melissa Keyes DiGioia, CSE, and Monique N. Colclough, Ph.D., for their time and efforts in reviewing the guide prior to publication.
Finally, OAR wishes to thank its project team:
- Keygan Miller, M.Ed., and OAR Intern, who contributed to writing, creating graphics, editing, and uploading the content to the site. Additionally, Summer and Fall 2018 interns Lindsey Siff, Alyssa Grzesiak, and Emma Lacombe worked to design the site, locate graphics, and upload content.
- Saman Kamgar-Parsi, OAR Senior Programs Associate and project lead, who wrote, edited, and collected content, coordinated interns, and ensured the site’s content was loaded and complete before being launched.
- Kimberly Ha, OAR’s Director of Research and Programs, who wrote, edited, and provided feedback on content and throughout the project to ensure its successful completion.
- Sophie Thurschwell, OAR Intern, who narrated and helped edit the audio version of the guide.
- Corinne Gambacurta, OAR Intern, who edited the audio version of the guide and assisted with uploading content to the site.
- Margaret Gorman, OAR’s Programs and Outreach Associate, who assisted with reviewing and uploading content for the audio guide.