Everyone deserves a fulfilling college experience, including students on the autism spectrum. OAR’s Finding Your Way: A College Guide for Students on the Spectrum is intended to help autistic students become better prepared for college life and academics. This guide addresses challenges that are both universal and unique to students on the autism spectrum by providing helpful information, guidance, and resources. Finding Your Way offers practical advice from autism experts, powerful narratives from self-advocates, and relevant resource tools. It is intended to help readers anticipate and improve their academic and social situations by advocating for themselves.
More specifically, this guide discusses:
- How to prepare for changes in the transition from high school to college
- The role and importance of self-advocacy in college, along with discussions of disclosing autism
- Disability Support Services offices, academic supports, and accommodations
- Strategies to establish and maintain daily routines and structure
- How to navigate social relationships and resolve conflict with roommates
- Ways to maintain physical and sexual safety
- How to search and apply for part-time jobs during college
- And much more
For information on how to place a bulk order, click here.